Hi, my Acer Aspire 5100 developed a problem yesterday. It freezes after some use, then the screen goes black. The first time it happened I couldn't get it to start up again, it would run but nothing would show on the screen. I shut it off and left it for a few hours, when I came back it was hot (plugged into wall) and smelled somewhat like burning plastic. I let it cool down and blew out the fan under neath, I tried it again and it worked for an hour or so but then did the same thing.
It has always ran hot, right around the windows key, but it might be running a bit hotter than usual.
The battery needs replaced, only holds a charge for 20mins, so it's plugged in a lot. I just haven't gotten to the city to get a new battery.
I thought I'd open up the bottom and spray it out, but thought I'd ask for ideas first.