Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help needed in IE highjack and Malware[RESOLVED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Metallica

Metallica

Spyware Veteran

• GeekU Moderator
  • 33,101 posts
Now that looks interesting. :tazz:

Can you upload this file:
C:\ffastun.ffl
To do so go to this forum http://www.thespykil...forum/index.php
and read the instructions there.
Post a link to this thread in your post over there:
This one will do: http://www.geekstogo...showtopic=29018

In the meantime we can see if we can find out how it is activated:
  • Download the Registry Search Tool.
  • Unzip the contents of RegSrch.zip to a convenient location.
  • Double-click on RegSrch.vbs.
  • If you have an anti-virus installed it might prompt you about a running script. Please ignore this warning and allow the script to run.
  • In the "Enter search string (case insensitive) and click OK..." box paste this string:
    • ffastun
  • Click "OK" to search the registry for that string.
  • Wait for a few minutes while it completes the search.
  • Click "OK" to open the results in WordPad.
  • Copy and paste the entire results into your next post.
Regards,

Advertisements

jas16

jas16

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
Hi Pieter,

I am sorry i couldn't perform the tests and reply you. I was out for 2 days.
I uploaded file C:\ffastun.ffl as u instructed.

Here are the results of the registry search.

Regards,
Jaswant

REGEDIT4
; RegSrch.vbs © Bill James

; Registry search results for string "ffastun" 5/30/05 9:50:57 AM

; NOTE: This file will be deleted when you close WordPad.
; You must manually save this file to a new location if you want to refer to it again later.
; (If you save the file with a .reg extension, you can use it to restore any Registry changes you make to these values.)

[HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Doc Find Spec MRU]
"b"="ffastun.ffl"

jas16

jas16

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
Hello,

Yesterday i posted and cud not get to the forum was giving error. Some problem i guess. Waiting for further course of action.

Regards,
Jas

Metallica

Metallica

Spyware Veteran

• GeekU Moderator
  • 33,101 posts
Same here jas16,

I'm sure I typed an answer, but it must have gotten lost in the crash.

The ffastun.ffl looks to be the real FindFast Windows file

Can you try this scan please:
http://www.kaspersky...oduct=161744315

Regards,

jas16

jas16

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
Hi Pieter,

Thanks for the reply. I scanned the drive with kaspersky. It took too long to finish. It detected 2 files infected and deleted them.

After that i ran HT and studied as per tutorial. I fixed some ome unwanted sites from truted zone and one iehijack from O1 and also weather.exe. Deleted the respective folder in safe mode. ( I tried to save you precious time and also to get some knowledge)

I restarted the system and ran HT. Here is the report for ur reference. Please go through it and comment.

Regards,
Jas

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 1:52:07 PM, on 6/1/05
Platform: Windows 98 SE (Win9x 4.10.2222A)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\KERNEL32.DLL
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSGSRV32.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MPREXE.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\mmtask.tsk
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSTASK.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\KB891711\KB891711.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\COMMON FILES\SYMANTEC SHARED\CCEVTMGR.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\COMMON FILES\SYMANTEC SHARED\CCSETMGR.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\NORTON ANTIVIRUS\IWP\NPFMNTOR.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\EXPLORER.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\TASKMON.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SYSTRAY.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\IRMON.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\S3APPHK.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\STIMON.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\HFFEXT\HFFSRV.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\COMMON FILES\REAL\UPDATE_OB\REALSCHED.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\COMMON FILES\SYMANTEC SHARED\CCPD-LC\SYMLCSVC.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\COMMON FILES\SYMANTEC SHARED\CCAPP.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\MICROSOFT OFFICE\OFFICE\OSA.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\MICROSOFT OFFICE\OFFICE\FINDFAST.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\WMIEXE.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\COMMON FILES\SYMANTEC SHARED\SNDSRVC.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\PSTORES.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\YAHOO!\MESSENGER\YPAGER.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\DDHELP.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\INTERNET EXPLORER\IEXPLORE.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\HIJACKTHIS\HIJACKTHIS.EXE

O2 - BHO: Yahoo! Companion BHO - {02478D38-C3F9-4efb-9B51-7695ECA05670} - C:\PROGRAM FILES\YAHOO!\COMPANION\INSTALLS\CPN\YCOMP5_5_7_0.DLL
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\PROGRAM FILES\ADOBE\ACROBAT 6.0\READER\ACTIVEX\ACROIEHELPER.DLL
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Helper - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar1.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHELPER.DLL
O2 - BHO: NAV Helper - {BDF3E430-B101-42AD-A544-FADC6B084872} - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O2 - BHO: YahooTaggedBM Class - {65D886A2-7CA7-479B-BB95-14D1EFB7946A} - C:\PROGRAM FILES\YAHOO!\COMMON\YIETAGBM.DLL
O2 - BHO: UberButton Class - {5BAB4B5B-68BC-4B02-94D6-2FC0DE4A7897} - C:\PROGRAM FILES\YAHOO!\COMMON\YIESRVC.DLL
O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSDXM.OCX
O3 - Toolbar: &Yahoo! Companion - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\PROGRAM FILES\YAHOO!\COMPANION\INSTALLS\CPN\YCOMP5_5_7_0.DLL
O3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar1.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Norton AntiVirus - {42CDD1BF-3FFB-4238-8AD1-7859DF00B1D6} - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ScanRegistry] C:\WINDOWS\scanregw.exe /autorun
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TaskMonitor] C:\WINDOWS\taskmon.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SystemTray] SysTray.Exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IrMon] IrMon.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LoadPowerProfile] Rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,LoadCurrentPwrScheme
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [S3apphk] S3apphk.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CriticalUpdate] C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\wucrtupd.exe -startup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [StillImageMonitor] C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\STIMON.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [hffsrv] c:\windows\hffext\hffsrv.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Encrypted Disk Auto Mount] rundll32.exe edshell.dll,MountAll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Symantec Core LC] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe start
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Symantec NetDriver Monitor] C:\PROGRA~1\SYMNET~1\SNDMON.EXE /Consumer
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [LoadPowerProfile] Rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,LoadCurrentPwrScheme
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [SchedulingAgent] mstask.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [KB891711] C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\KB891711\KB891711.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [ccEvtMgr] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [ccSetMgr] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [NPFMonitor] C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\IWP\NPFMntor.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [ScriptBlocking] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Script Blocking\SBServ.exe" -reg
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Yahoo! Pager] C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\ypager.exe -quiet
O4 - Startup: Adobe Gamma Loader.exe.lnk = C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Calibration\Adobe Gamma Loader.exe
O4 - Startup: Office Startup.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\OSA.EXE
O4 - Startup: Microsoft Find Fast.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\FINDFAST.EXE
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Yahoo! Search - file:///C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common/ycsrch.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Yahoo! &Dictionary - file:///C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common/ycdict.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Yahoo! &Maps - file:///C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common/ycmap.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Google Search - res://C:\PROGRAM FILES\GOOGLE\GOOGLETOOLBAR1.DLL/cmsearch.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Cached Snapshot of Page - res://C:\PROGRAM FILES\GOOGLE\GOOGLETOOLBAR1.DLL/cmcache.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Similar Pages - res://C:\PROGRAM FILES\GOOGLE\GOOGLETOOLBAR1.DLL/cmsimilar.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Backward Links - res://C:\PROGRAM FILES\GOOGLE\GOOGLETOOLBAR1.DLL/cmbacklinks.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Translate into English - res://C:\PROGRAM FILES\GOOGLE\GOOGLETOOLBAR1.DLL/cmtrans.html
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_02\bin\npjpi150_02.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_02\bin\npjpi150_02.dll
O9 - Extra button: Yahoo! Services - {5BAB4B5B-68BC-4B02-94D6-2FC0DE4A7897} - C:\PROGRAM FILES\YAHOO!\COMMON\YIESRVC.DLL
O16 - DPF: {74D05D43-3236-11D4-BDCD-00C04F9A3B61} (HouseCall Control) - http://a840.g.akamai...all/xscan53.cab
O16 - DPF: {0EB0E74A-2A76-4AB3-A7FB-9BD8C29F7F75} (CKAVWebScan Object) - http://www.kaspersky.../kavwebscan.cab
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\VxD\MSTCP: Domain = x
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\VxD\MSTCP: NameServer = 192.168.0.1,202.63.164.17

Metallica

Metallica

Spyware Veteran

• GeekU Moderator
  • 33,101 posts
That looks good. :tazz:

Can you remember which files KAV deleted?
It would be interesting for me to know what caused this hijack.

You no longer get hijacked, right?

Regards,

jas16

jas16

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
Hi,

Ya after that im on my system for about 3 hrs and without any problem. I will keep u posted if it is reactivated.

Um the 2 files are imscan.dll and uninstall.exe. I dont remember the path cause i did it in a hurry and closed without noting it. Im sorry for that. I know it cud help the others if these files were related to my problem.

Thanks once again. I was about to reformat my drive and reload windows. You saved me for all that.

Regards,
Jas

Metallica

Metallica

Spyware Veteran

• GeekU Moderator
  • 33,101 posts
We'll get to the bottom of it one of these days. :tazz:

Please have a look at my site for some tips on how to remove and prevent spyware.

And if you want to learn more: http://www.geekstogo...here-t4817.html

Regards,

jas16

jas16

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
Hi
I liked the spirit. Sure we'll get to the bottom of the problem.
:tazz:
Ya i already gone through your site and some of the related links. Though im in the computer hardware related field and dont know much of inside of windows and registry. Your guidance helped me and also your site n related links.

Regards,
Jas

Metallica

Metallica

Spyware Veteran

• GeekU Moderator
  • 33,101 posts
Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :tazz:

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.

Advertisements