Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

screeching noise from USB

• Please log in to reply

t3chnon3

t3chnon3

• PipPip
  • 84 posts
Hey guys I just received my new laptop (lenovo Y560) and I'm already having issues with it. When i plug in my g5 logitech mouse into any of the USB port I get this screeching sound. Does anyone know how to fix this problem? It's my mouse for sure because when I unplug it the sound goes away...and when i plug it back it turns on again.

It's like a light or something is turning on in there case when i put my ear close to the keyboard the sound is really defined....I don't know how to explain it but it's like this screeching or white noise sound.

Help Plz!

Advertisements

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP

I just received my new laptop

"New" is the operative word there. I would try another USB mouse and if it does the same thing, take this new laptop back and get a new one. Do this quickly, before your warranty and runs out.

t3chnon3

t3chnon3

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

I just received my new laptop

"New" is the operative word there. I would try another USB mouse and if it does the same thing, take this new laptop back and get a new one. Do this quickly, before your warranty and runs out.

I tried another mouse and there was no sound but i've been using the g5 for a couple years now and it's the best i've used when gaming and such so I don't want to switch over :/. Is there any way of "turning off" this weird noise? thx for your help.

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP

Is there any way of "turning off" this weird noise?

If it does not do it with a different mouse then it would seem your G5 is bad. Knowing that, I would not be plugging it into my brand new notebook. Get a new mouse.