Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Wireless will not connect on my router but will connect other places

• Please log in to reply

Secretbear

Secretbear

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I recently restored my Acer Aspire 5315 Laptop to Factory Restore and now I cannot get my laptop to connect to my wireless router which is a Netgear RangeMax Dual Band Wireless N Gigabit Router. I have reset the router by unplugging my modem and router for 30 seconds and it didn't help. I went to Barnes and Noble to see if it would get on wirelessly there and it would. I went to best buy to see if they could help me and they got on wirelessly there fine. Can someone please tell me if my configuration on my laptop is wrong. My wireless name shows up and says it has excellent signal but it will only give me local access and it will not let me get online. I went and downloaded all the drivers from Acer.com for my model laptop although I didn't know which ones I needed so I downloaded all of them. Nothing works. I called my Router company Netgear and they wanted to charge me 70.00 just to help me. I hung up on them. Please HELP!! I have Windows Vista Home Basic on my laptop

Advertisements

phillipcorcoran

phillipcorcoran

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts
Wrong forum. This is a networking issue which has it's own forum here: http://www.geekstogo.../11-networking/