Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

IE8 "we were unable to install the scanner" Live one care safe

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

JimSellers

JimSellers

• PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
I tried to install Microsoft OneCare Safety Scanner on my computer, and it worked perfectly, but on my wife's the browser tries twice, and ends with the "we were unable to install the scanner" message, and also "
"Internet Explorer has closed this webpage to help protect your computer"

and

"A malfunctioning or malicious add-on has caused Internet Explorer to close this webpage."

I've tried turning off the pop up blocker, inclucing the site in the pop up blocker, reducing the security sensitivity to "medium," and turning off the firweall and MS Security Essentials with no luck. Her computer is running fine, but I thought I'd give the scan a try, but can't get it to work. Sometimes I get a message "DrWatson Postmortem Debugger has encountered a problem and needs to close. Not always though. Thanks, Jim

Edited by JimSellers, 14 November 2010 - 10:55 AM.

Advertisements

kahdah

kahdah

GeekU Teacher

• Retired Staff
  • 15,822 posts
Hello JimSellers

Welcome to G2Go. :D
=====================
Still in need of assistance?

JimSellers

JimSellers

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
Kahdah,

Thanks for the reply. A very few days ago, in relation to another problem which GTG solved for me, I ran OTL, and we (GTG) determined that the computer was clean. A couple of days ago, I found an add-on for Firefox 3.6.12, IE tab2, and this solved the problem, and I was able to run the OneCare Safety Scanner successfully. Thanks again for the help. GTG is a miraculously helpful organization. Cheers, Jim

kahdah

kahdah

GeekU Teacher

• Retired Staff
  • 15,822 posts
Ok.