Posted 13 November 2010 - 01:13 PM
Posted 14 November 2010 - 05:53 AM
From a research of the attached HijackThis log it does indeed appear your machine is infected. However the log shows signs that this is a 64 bit machine. Most of the tools we use don't run on 64 bit machines, so the help I can offer is(may be) limited.
Also HijackThis was not made to run on a 64 bit system like yours and it's scan results can not be relied upon. I'm going to need you to run two different scans for me shortly.
When replying to myself in future please post the logs requested do not attach them unless I otherwise specify, thank you.
Please take note of the below:-
- I will start working on your Malware issues, this may or may not, solve other issues you have with your machine.
- The fixes are specific to your problem and should only be used for this issue on this machine!
- The process is not instant. Please continue to review my answers until I tell you your machine is clear. Absence of symptoms does not mean that everything is clear.
- If you don't know, stop and ask! Don't keep going on.
- Please reply to this thread. Do not start a new topic.
- Refrain from running self fixes as this will hinder the malware removal process.
- It may prove beneficial if you print of the following instructions or save them to notepad as I post them.
- Your security programs may give warnings for some of the tools I will ask you to use. Be assured, any links I give are safe.
All applications I ask to be used will require to be run in Administrator mode. IE: Right click on and select Run as Administrator.
The Operating System in use comes with a inbuilt utility called User Access Control(UAC) when prompted by this with anything I ask you to do carry out please select the option Allow.
Please download Rkill from one of the following links and save it to your Desktop:
One, Two,Three, Four or Five
Note: If your security software warns about Rkill, please ignore and allow the download to continue.
- Right-click on Rkill and select Run as Administrator.
- A command window will open then disappear upon completion, this is normal.
- Please leave Rkill on the Desktop until otherwise advised.
Scan with OTL:
Please download OTL and save it to your Desktop.
Alternate downloads are here and here if you are unable to run OTL from the first download executable.
- Right-click on OTL.exe and select Run as Administrator to start OTL.
- Ensure Include 64bit Scans is selected.
- Under Output, ensure that Minimal Output is selected.
- Under Extra Registry section, select Use SafeList.
- Click the Scan All Users checkbox.
- Click on Run Scan at the top left hand corner.
- When done, two Notepad files will open.
- OTL.txt <-- Will be opened
- Extra.txt <-- Will be minimized
- Please post the contents of these 2 Notepad files in your next reply.
- How is you computer performing now, any further symptoms and or problems encountered?
- RKill Log.
- Both OTL logs. <-- Post them individually please, IE: one Log per post/reply.
Posted 17 November 2010 - 07:01 PM
If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users