Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PC restarts during gameplay after Ram upgrade. :/

• Please log in to reply

GrimNuker

GrimNuker

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Hello, i recently doubled my ram and noticed it was running at 2667mhz. I changed to xmp in the bios to enable its 3600mhz as auto detected, now when playing games my pc restarts with no blue screen, errors or warnings.

Specs '' Win 11 64bit latest updates applied. MPG B550 Gaming Plus Mobo, Ryzen 7 3800XT CPU, RX 6700XT GPU, Ram Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 16GB (2 x 16GB) 3600MHz Module - PVS416G360C8, 32inch curved screen. I run all games in 2k.

Any suggestions as to why it crashes now unlike before i installed the extra stick of ram? Possibly the PSU that is 1000w? Not sure where or how to test where the issue is. Thanks for taking the time to read all of this.

Edited by GrimNuker, Today, 02:44 AM.

Advertisements