Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Blue Lines during bootup

• Please log in to reply

mike4

mike4

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts
I did do that. Inserting my service tag and installed the bluetooth driver and the geforce go 7300 driver. When I installed the geforce go 7300 driver, the first time I booted up it let me past the bootscreen, but about 20 seconds into my log in, the monitor flickers, and goes blank, from there I have to force shutdown and I can't get past the boot screen unless I use safe mode and disable the driver. Should I take disassemble my laptop? I have done this before, and am afraid i might have done something wrong last time. However, my suspicions are lessened, because if the blue lines are caused by a hardware issue, then the blue lines should appear all the time correct? For some reason they disappear once the driver is uninstalled. So now, I am clueless.

Advertisements

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
Go into setup - normally, but not always F2 it will be on first post screen.
Is there a setting for enable onboard graphics.

Is that Nvidia Geforce 7300LE an added card or on the motherboard as integrated graphics.

Other than that, I wish you the best of luck, but my spending any more time on this is of no benefit, until you have tried an external monitor with the Nvidia driver installed and enabled.

Edited by Macboatmaster, 17 November 2010 - 07:50 PM.

D-Berd

D-Berd

• PipPipPip
  • 238 posts
Did you install the bluetooth driver?
If so, did it fix the unknown device issue?

mike4

mike4

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts
It did not fix the unknown device issue, even though I'm almost positive that the unknown device is a bluetooth device. It actually conflicted with my already installed wireless driver. I think the wireless driver has accompanied the bluetooth into it. Not sure of course, just an assumption. And the geforce 7300LE is an onboard graphics I believe. As when I opened my laptop up, I did not see a dedicated graphics card. So I do not think I can disable the onboard graphics card. Correct me if I"m wrong though

And guys, thanks again, I know you guys aren't obligated to help me in any way and I really appreciate it.

D-Berd

D-Berd

• PipPipPip
  • 238 posts
When you go to the dell site and put in your service tag does it show you a list of drivers specifically for your pc? in other words, it doesn't show video drivers for ati or intell correct? it only shows the nvidia driver. Correct?

mike4

mike4

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts
yes it only shows 1 video card driver, mine.

D-Berd

D-Berd

• PipPipPip
  • 238 posts
Ok then, go to that page and download all the drivers for your system. EXCEPT the video driver. make sure you know what driver is what because some of downloads will only give a long sting of numbers and letters as a file name and it's easy to get confused as to what one you've already installed ( it may be different with dell ). after you've downloaded them all, start installing them one by one and reboot when prompted. "Do not install the video driver" after all drivers are installed see if the unknown device problem is taken care of.

mike4

mike4

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts
JESUS, brute force huh? Well I suppose I'll try it, what if it says that I already have that driver installed, just skip it?

D-Berd

D-Berd

• PipPipPip
  • 238 posts
At this point, Yeah because we're looking for any outdated drivers to replace or to install drivers for devices without them. when is the last time you reformatted that pc?

mike4

mike4

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts
umm maybe 6 months ago to a year.

Advertisements

mike4

mike4

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts
did finally test it on another monitor and the same problem occured. The blue lines appeared. Now will test with another monitor and the graphics driver enabled. When I tried to enable it before, I got a blue screen with an error message. And now it still has the same problem, when I try to enable the driver, it goes to blue screen and then after that automatically disables the driver.
Posted Image

Edited by mikewang, 24 November 2010 - 04:56 PM.

mike4

mike4

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts
Also, installed ALL drivers. Fixed the bluetooth, but that didn't fix the monitor.

D-Berd

D-Berd

• PipPipPip
  • 238 posts
Go into device manager and uninstall the display adapter. then reboot.

mike4

mike4

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts
Okay will do

mike4

mike4

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts
It didn't do anything, there are still lines during bootup, but not when i pass that screen. Also, it now says new device recognized.