Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I Want To Make Simple Websites With CS2

• Please log in to reply

gregorie

gregorie

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Hello,

Is it a mistake to get Dreamweaver CS2? I watched a video on DW CS3, and it seemed great. You can position stuff in diff places, and it just seemed like a great way to make a website. I have DW MX but feel it's time to move on up to CS-something.

I just don't have the money to get CS4 or 5.

I've got about $99.

Thank you!

Advertisements

wizzy2k5

wizzy2k5

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,057 posts
Hello

I've seen in your question you have $99 available to spend and I can most certainly help you in this department. I know software which will be able to build websites for you which some are freeware and some arn't. I have provided the freeware links below

NVU
Web Plus Starter Edition

There is also Namo Web Editor which can be found here

Thanks

gregorie

gregorie

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
OMG this is great great great...Thank YOU sooooo much.

Is there any reason I would even want to get the Dreamweaver $70 download of CS3?

Edited by gregorie, 17 November 2010 - 08:13 PM.

wizzy2k5

wizzy2k5

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,057 posts
Hello

Adobe dreamweaver CS3 is no longer available from Adobe as they now sell CS5 which is $400 ($399 to be exact) but if your doing just a basic website then there is no need for Adobe Dreamweaver really but some people prefer it because of the features it has. It does come in handy for professional looking websites such as Geeks To Go for example.

Adobe CS5 can be found here

NVU and webplus are a good start to the website making world and will give you a good idea. Namo Web Editor is also good choice if you prefer something with a little more features. So in short term if your building a simple website and want it to look good I would choose Web Plus, NVU and Namo Web Editor or if your building a professional looking website then go for Adobe Dreamweaver.

Regards

gregorie

gregorie

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Is this Dreamweaver CS3 from HotDealSoft.com legit? ...and thank you for the great advice so far.

Adobe Dreamweaver CS3 - Full Retail - Windows
Adobe Dreamweaver CS3 - Full Retail - Windows
Quickly and easily design, develop, and maintain websites and web applications —from start to fi… Read More
$69.95
More Info Add to Cart

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
i don't know much about that website, but it seems a little weird that all they sell is adobe products. adobe is pretty hesitant to allow most retailers to discount their products (they've got most of the market cornered, so they don't really have to discount much)

wizzy2k5

wizzy2k5

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,057 posts
With CS3 not being sold by Adobe I should think the only option would be CS5. Now I am in the same boat as dsenette regarding the Adobe price and allowing retailers to discount their products however in my own opinion it should be up to the retailer them-selves but thats just my honest opinion. Now the website looks legit but if you are unsure I would look elsewhere as to me it seems odd when CS5 is $399 I don't see how CS3 could be as little as $80 so I would check that out.

Full retail means you get the box and licence to use the product however with some products you can receive your license key and download link after you have purchased an item. I'm not going to make any suggestions if you should buy it or not as i'm unaware of the site but from what I have seen newegg seems to be rather popular in the online world again I have never used their service so I cannot comment.

http://www.newegg.com/