Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Screensaver won't start

• Please log in to reply

starnz

starnz

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello,

I have a problem that I have been having for a while now. For some reason, my screensaver stopped working. I have had my computer(Dell Vostro, Vista Premium) for about 3 years and have never had a problem with it until now. Now, no matter what time I set the screensaver to come on it doesn't work. No mater what screensaver I chose to come on, it doesn't work.

Also, none of the power management tools work either. No matter what the settings are, my display never turns off nor does the computer go into sleep mode.

In addition to the screensaver not working at the set time, I can't even get the screensaver preview to work. If I try to preview, it works for a split second then shuts off almost instantly. If something is wrong with the touchpad, it doesn't impact the operation as my cursor doesn't wander.

I've looked this up online and it seems like a wireless mouse and/or keyboard is the problem in many cases. I do not have either of these.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Advertisements