Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

I need help b4 I send my PC through the window

• Please log in to reply

Heather76

Heather76

• Pip
  • 2 posts
ok so this is whats happening I can be playing a game on facebook or watching a movie and all of a sudden it will go to a cascading grid pattern of whatever the image was on screen at the time we have replaced the monitor thinking it was the problem then it happened again today please help us seriously I have ran every trouble shooting problem fix it I have in my bag of tricks please please

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 20,006 posts
Hi Heather76 :D
Is the computer a custom build or a brand name such as Dell or HP etc and if so can you provide the model name or series number.

Heather76

Heather76

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
its a HP

phillpower2

phillpower2

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 20,006 posts

can you provide the model name or series number.

This will help us find information about the motherboard, PSU (power supply unit) video card and Ram etc.
The symptoms you are describing could be a result of any of the above having issues, overheating is another one.
Also how old is the computer and has the inside ever been cleaned out of heat trapping dust?