Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cannot get Epson Laser 1500 to work w/Vista

• Please log in to reply

tofu5

tofu5

• PipPipPip
  • 175 posts
I am trying to get an older Epson Action Laser 1500 printer to work with my Vista. I told the computer I wanted to add another printer and told them it was a HP 3(recommended from a few places on the web). The computer accepted that. I had connected the printer via a usb port. It looks as though the computer and printer are not interacting. The printer printed fine on an internal test print. What do I need to do?

Robert

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
I could not find a driver but i did find the below which seems to be working for a lot of people.

The ActionLaser 1500 is happy running as an HP LaserJet III, which is natively supported.

I found this at this link HERE

tofu5

tofu5

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts
Yes, I tried to connect it by claiming it was a HP3(guess I forgot the word Laserjet in my original post)but still cannot get it to work. I must not have entered something I should have entered. I will keep trying, thanks.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
You may want to try the other suggestion and purchase a USB to parallel adapter and try going to your regular printer port.
USB is funny sometimes and you have to load the drivers and then connect the printer afterwards.