Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help! VIDEO MODE NOT SUPPORTED! Plz help me!

• Please log in to reply

sufisticated

sufisticated

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Look the thing is that i ACCIDENTLY changed the display seettings to something un-supported.
I can't fix it!

Sadly i tried doing safe mode and all that..nothing! Please PLZ help

Advertisements

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts
Boot up in Safe mode and do a System Restore back to a date before you "ACCIDENTLY changed the display seettings to something un-supported".

Salagubang

Salagubang

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 3,891 posts
Hi sufisticated,

Have a look here.

Check out post 28.

:D

sufisticated

sufisticated

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Well its safe to say a few days before i did back up files and i did make a system restore thing. I tried setting it back to A MONTH! NOTHING. grr hate errors. Why oh why did i have a temptation?

Spyderturbo007

Spyderturbo007

• PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
I'm thinking out loud here, so I'm not sure if this will work, but it's worth a try. What about hitting F8 during boot and choosing "Enable VGA Mode". I would think that since the driver would be reverted to something generic, it would change to a normal 640 x 480 resolution. Once in, you might be able to find a way to change the adapter settings of the installed card. If not, you night be able to uninstall the drivers and then reinstall the card once you are able to get back into normal mode.

Like I said, I'm not even sure if it would work, but it's just an idea. :D

D-Berd

D-Berd

• PipPipPip
  • 238 posts
What kind of pc??

sufisticated

sufisticated

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

I'm thinking out loud here, so I'm not sure if this will work, but it's worth a try. What about hitting F8 during boot and choosing "Enable VGA Mode". I would think that since the driver would be reverted to something generic, it would change to a normal 640 x 480 resolution. Once in, you might be able to find a way to change the adapter settings of the installed card. If not, you night be able to uninstall the drivers and then reinstall the card once you are able to get back into normal mode.

Like I said, I'm not even sure if it would work, but it's just an idea. :D

THX unfortunatly It didn't work. Also my computer dosn't have VGA MODE option but it has the 640x280 thing..still worked for 5secs then video not supported GRR

Spyderturbo007

Spyderturbo007

• PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
Sorry, I just noticed that you have Vista. It's labeled differently than it is in Windows XP. I'm assuming that you tried the one that says "Enable low-resolution video (640 x 480)"?

sufisticated

sufisticated

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Sorry, I just noticed that you have Vista. It's labeled differently than it is in Windows XP. I'm assuming that you tried the one that says "Enable low-resolution video (640 x 480)"?

Yes I have. I have a question. Im thinking of installing Windows XP PRO..this is really really getting on my nervs and i do have alot of crap installed.

Though then again i have to go buy one. What if i reinstall using my disk..? Or any other ideas?

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts
Worth a shot:

In Safe mode, uninstall your Display Adapter(s) in Device Manager and then reboot, (in normal mode).

Windows should automatically run through it's "Found new hardware" routine and reinstall/resetup your adapter(s).