Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Question about web building programs

• Please log in to reply

mizzkira

mizzkira

• PipPip
  • 51 posts
I was using front page. But my computer fried and is beyond fixing. I bought a new one but we couldn't afford xp pro. So I have no frontpage. Is there anything out there free that I can use? I don't know how to do the websites without it. I am running a business online and really need that program. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! My members (and customers) are getting anxious since the website hasn't been able to be updated.

Advertisements

greyknight17

greyknight17

Malware Expert

• Visiting Consultant
  • 16,560 posts
I'm looking at your other topic now, but to answer your question here you may use these free ones:

1st Page 2000
HTML Gate

mizzkira

mizzkira

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
thank you. I have one more question. I saved my web files from front page. will they still work with these? If not no biggie i will redo the site.

greyknight17

greyknight17

Malware Expert

• Visiting Consultant
  • 16,560 posts
I haven't used Frontpage for a long time now, but I assume they are saved as .htm or .html extensions right? That's no problem. They can be used by any HTML editors, so no need to redo the site.

mizzkira

mizzkira

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
thank you. you just saved my butt lol

ditto

ditto

- i pwn n00bs -

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,260 posts
notepad is always the way to go :tazz:

greyknight17

greyknight17

Malware Expert

• Visiting Consultant
  • 16,560 posts
:tazz: Yeah, I like Notepad also since it doesn't use much resource by itself. Actually a good learning method for HTML also. But with more complicated code, it's probably best to use a HTML Editor.

And the user mizzkira mentioned not knowing how to create a web page without a HTML editor. ;)

mizzkira

mizzkira

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
I don't know how to use those either!! LOL I looked at both and am so confused. Frontpage doens't have all the html there while you are building. I never did it that way. So i'm so confused. Got any suggestions?

Guest_jake6535_*

Guest_jake6535_*

:tazz:  Yeah, I like Notepad also since it doesn't use much resource by itself.  Actually a good learning method for HTML also.  But with more complicated code, it's probably best to use a HTML Editor.

And the user mizzkira mentioned not knowing how to create a web page without a HTML editor. ;)

View Post

I use EditPad Lite Myself
Look at this screenshot:
Posted Image

greyknight17

greyknight17

Malware Expert

• Visiting Consultant
  • 16,560 posts
I don't know why I didn't think of this earlier :tazz:, but there is a free version of FrontPage called FrontPage Express. It's a lite version, but hopefully it will be more familiar to you.

I tried looking for it on the Microsoft site, but just did a search and found the download here. Install that and see if you like this HTML editor.

mizzkira

mizzkira

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
thank you i'll try that one. I am a pain in the butt i know! lol

ditto

ditto

- i pwn n00bs -

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,260 posts
If you can afford it, I would use Dreamweaver. I think its just great and i hope that Adobe doesnt mess it up when they acquire Macromedia

mizzkira

mizzkira

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
i tried that it's not as good as my one on xp pro but it'll do the trick thanks!