Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cisco IPCC Agent / Supervisor Desktop VS. TinyXP

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Eagle Tele-Services

Eagle Tele-Services

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello:

EDIT: Sorry I think I put this in the wrong section.

First time posting, so lets make this a good one. Here is my general question; the details follow: what would be missing from TinyXP that would allow an agent to initially show up on supervisor desktop, then disappear?

Our company is trying to implement the OS "TinyXP" in the office to improve computer performance and reduce employee distractions.

We are using Cisco IPCC Agent desktop and supervisor desktops version 4.5.1.5

When an employee logs into the Cisco Agent Desktop our Supervisor Desktop displays the agent for about 10min, then the agent disappears. If a supervisor tries to change the agents phone state, or interact with the Agent through supervisor desktop the Agent immediately disappears from the list.

I've been around the Cisco forums looking for ideas. So far I have ensured the users have full administrative access to the Cisco Programs. The firewalls have exceptions (I even tried turning off the firewalls). The Agent.exe program is not self replicating causing multiple processes in task manager.

We are using Symantec Endpoint Protection, and I have added exceptions to the Cisco files in Symantec.

I also saw this page, but I am not sure if this will fix our problem? Is this a direction I should head in troubleshooting? http://www.cisco.com...08035309f.shtml

So once again my real question is, what would be missing from TinyXP that would allow the agent to initially show up, then disappear?

I don't know what else to provide information wise as of now, if you guys need any more information please just ask I will by happy to provide.

Thank you in advance for reading this and hopefully you guys can help us out!!

-Cole

Edited by Eagle Tele-Services, 16 November 2010 - 04:47 PM.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
are you actually running TinyXP in a corporate environment? TinyXP is COMPLETELY illegal. it's a HEAVILY modified version of Windows XP (which in itself is a violation of copyright laws) and it's distributed without the consent of microsoft (another violation). ALSO, the only place that i've seen that you can get the thing is via torrent (which is against our TOU).

I'd postulate that your issues with the IPCC agent may stem from missing XP components due to the use of TinyXP (have you tried this on a full legitimate version of XP, do you have the same problem?)

I suggest that you use a legitimate OS (tends to solve a lot of problems).

beyond any of this, we cannot help you with illegal software in any way, so this thread is now closed. if you have any issues with this please PM an administrator.