Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

I can not get rid of "Found New Hardware Wizard"

• Please log in to reply

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
Found New Hardware Wizard pops up every time i start my computer and wont go away. I also get the error message "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. you may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item." every time I load fire fox, try to access certain thing in the control panel, or use hot keys on my mouse. I'm logged on as the administrator and I haven't had this problem before. I tried uninstalling my anti-virus software in case they were preventing the drivers from loading, and I don't think it is a virus. any guesses as to what it could be?