Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Regular BSOD - Memory Management

• Please log in to reply

Vonatar

Vonatar

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
Hi

I seem to regularly get this BSOD, quite often when closing Firefox or just browsing or using Windows Live Mail. I have read that it can be associated with bad RAM and have checked RAM and also replaced with various other sticks I have of the same kind, but the problem is still there. Does anyone have any advice or tips for troubleshooting this? I tried to attached my minidump file from last night's BSOD but the forum says I don't have permission to upload that kind of file..

Any help hugely appreciated. This is starting to drive me mad!

Edited by Vonatar, 17 November 2010 - 05:05 AM.

Advertisements

phillipcorcoran

phillipcorcoran

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts
More information about the BSOD please: What does it say on the BSOD screen, type of error etc. ?
The error information given on the BSOD screen is often essential and of great help when trying to narrow down the cause.

Edited by phillipcorcoran, 17 November 2010 - 07:09 AM.

Vonatar

Vonatar

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
The error is always "MEMORY MANAGEMENT". I didn't get a chance to catch any other info, but my event viewer shows:

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000001a (0x00041284, 0xfd84c001, 0x0000220b, 0xd3c20000). A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 111710-39811-01

Vonatar

Vonatar

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
Ok did a bit of research and apparently this BSOD is caused by "A PTE or the working set list is corrupted" so says the Microsoft site. I have no idea what that means, but have tested my memory (with Win 7 memory checker) and came up with no problems. Not sure what to do next.