Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Big Problem

• Please log in to reply

jinx

jinx

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hey, well before i joined this site i found a topic related to my problem with system32, and i ran the Hijackthis..Anyway i did a scan and deleted everything, certain things wouldnt delete and computer still had a bit of spyware on it and this is were i was stupid...

See i searched for one of the files it wouldnt delete which was "cdlsp.dll" located in system32 and when i deleted it, it made it so no programs could access the internet.Anyway i cant find the dll anywhere and my computer is weird and i cant find out how to reformat it (it doesnt reformat like others).Not to mention when i try and install windows xp or reinstall it i cant because my c-drive is 7 gigs and i need 13 gigs minimum, because windows xp is on d-drive and i dont know how to make it install on d-drive.

Anyway if you do know how to fix this problem, or have cdlsp.dll then please help im lost <_<

Advertisements

Hemal

Hemal

Founding Fart

• Technician
  • 1,470 posts
you deleted your entire hijackthis log after it came up in the scan!

In HJT hit the Config button the go to backups and try to reload them. If not do a system restore to a point before you did this scan and then we can go from there

Edited by ditto, 13 August 2004 - 02:18 PM.

jinx

jinx

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
yea, and i cant do backup thats were i went wrong there is no backup because i searched it didnt delete with hijackthis...But i will do a restore.