Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer Freezes

• Please log in to reply

eSK_I3ryI3e

eSK_I3ryI3e

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
Yes i did it.. u guys think that can be something to do with this :

" Event filter with query "SELECT * FROM __InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN 60 WHERE TargetInstance ISA "Win32_Processor" AND TargetInstance.LoadPercentage > 99" could not be reactivated in namespace "//./root/CIMV2" because of error 0x80041003. Events cannot be delivered through this filter until the problem is corrected."

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK try this and see if it will resolve the problem.

Tutorial for running chkdsk in Win 7 located HERE.
Should work the same in Vista.

eSK_I3ryI3e

eSK_I3ryI3e

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
ok i'll try that, ty!

eSK_I3ryI3e

eSK_I3ryI3e

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
i did it, but it still happened today :S

I went to that event place u told me and it's nothing there.. it's normal that in the Windows registry tab i can't see anything in the system tab?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK how long of a freeze are you talking?
Does the system completely stop and never comes back or does it stop for a second or two and then resumes?

eSK_I3ryI3e

eSK_I3ryI3e

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
The stop completetly, i have to shut down the pc the hard way...

cathudog

cathudog

• PipPip
  • 36 posts
This is a Laptop/Notebook correct and is it a black screen when it freezes or whatever screen is up at the time when it freezes. Make sure its not going to sleep and locking up, try reinstalling the ram. If Laptop, is it running on battery or AC power when it freezes.

eSK_I3ryI3e

eSK_I3ryI3e

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
hi...

Ushually when freezes it's when i finish watching a movie or something, i see the movie till the end no problem, but when i finish i can't close the video player and nothing works....

i ushually have the laptop on AC power..

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK try this:

Go HERE and read the tutorial that shows how to do SFC or System File Checker and running in a Elevated Command Prompt in Vista and Win7.

cathudog

cathudog

• PipPip
  • 36 posts
What media player are you using Windows Media Center or some 3rd party one, is the movie on your hard drive or downloaded from say like Net flex etc.

Advertisements

eSK_I3ryI3e

eSK_I3ryI3e

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
I use Zoom Player, and ushually i see movies that are on my Hard drive... But the freezing problem also happens if i leave the pc for some time, when i get back it's freezed..

Ok rshaffer61, i'll try that, ty!

Edited by eSK_I3ryI3e, 05 December 2010 - 11:28 AM.

eSK_I3ryI3e

eSK_I3ryI3e

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
I did that, the scan said it found some problems but couldn't solve some.. After that i already had another freezing...

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Sounds like a OS problem since SFC can't fix it.
May need to to do a startup repair to see if it will fix the issues.
You will have to Perform a Repair Installation For Vista...guide is here...
This will allow you to repair your Vista installation and keep all of your personal user account files, settings, and programsrepair

cathudog

cathudog

• PipPip
  • 36 posts
You could try downloading Crystal Disc info and installing it and see if it detects any hard drive issues over heating bad sector count or what have you just a thought. This is a good problem wish I had the Laptop in front of me, would be easier to trobleshoot but ha someone will hit on the problem sooner or later.
http://crystalmark.i...fo/index-e.html