Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

DVD/+RW Will not write

• Please log in to reply

curtis62

curtis62

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I'm working on my brothers HP Pavilion A 620n computer With Windows XP Home Edition. The device that is being worked on is the Lite on it DVD+RW SOHW-802S drive. For some unknown reason it stopped reading or writing. These are the things that were checked by me.
1. Checked in Device Manager- It stated it was working fine.
2. Took the cover off and checked connections- all tight.
3. Ran my HP diagnostic disk- stated dvd+rw was working properly
3. Uninstalled and re-installed Windows XP Home Edition
Went to the Windows support center and used the automatic fix it they have and it came up with the dvd was not able to write. If that is the case why does everything else say it is working fine. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Have you tried to install it on another system to see if it works then?
It sounds to me like the laser has gone out of it.
Even though the diagnostics you say finds it working it is checking actually to see if it is recognized and not actually seeing media.