Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can't remove AntiVirus Action & other malware

• Please log in to reply

Varayana

Varayana

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
A co-worker gave me his computer to try and get rid of this virus. I found out that he downloaded AntiVirus Action two weeks ago and his computer is just infected. He doesn't want his computer to be wiped clean, so I am going to have to do the best that I can do. The problem is I am unable to run the programs I need to get rid of the malware. It won't let me run exe files. When I click on an EXE file like Malwarebyes it tells me to pick which program I want to open it up with. I really need help as I don't know what to do. What can I do to get exe files running again on his computer. I tried doing it in safemode and I even went to the microsoft website to try and follow their directions on their page, but still no luck. Any help is appreciated.

Advertisements