Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Hello! Is anyone getting these?

• Please log in to reply

oneeyejack

oneeyejack

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
Hello. I'm a new member! I would like to know if anyone gets these Chinese IP addresses.
I'm well protected and I don't have any infections. My PC is running really well. Malwarebytes blocks these IP's, and I'm not worried, just a irritation, and was wondering if anyone else gets these.
Thank you!!
oneeyejack!

Attached Thumbnails

• ScreenShot00082.jpg

Advertisements

devper94

devper94

• PipPipPip
  • 817 posts
Yeah, I get these too. My syslog is full of firewall alerts.

Mostly they are zombie computers controlled by malware or script kiddies trying to attack underprotected computers. MBAM blocked this, so your computer is probably fine.

Still, it's a good idea to update your computer regularly; remember that Internet is full of dangerous threats.

Regards,
devper94

oneeyejack

oneeyejack

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Yeah, I get these too. My syslog is full of firewall alerts.

Mostly they are zombie computers controlled by malware or script kiddies trying to attack underprotected computers. MBAM blocked this, so your computer is probably fine.

Still, it's a good idea to update your computer regularly; remember that Internet is full of dangerous threats.

Regards,
devper94

Hello devper!
Thanks for your reply. The reason I started this topic was because I exposed the Chinese company IObit for releasing a malware program that had and still has a terrible memory leak. It was slowing my PC down and I was getting freeze ups. I uninstalled IObit 360 and installed Malwarebytes. Shortly after that, I started getting these Chinese IP addresses being blocked by Malwarebytes. I thought that the reason might be because I exposed IObit's memory leak problem, but sense you get them also, that probably isn't the reason.
I have read that the Chinese are really bad about hacking, and are being blocked by several software programs. I guess their country has no regulations to stop this. I also heard that it will be harder for the Chinese to access the net if they continue this hacking behavior.
I'm just a novice PC user and a lot of this is over my head.
I keep all my apps. up dated and have never had an infection.
I also keep a current backup image of my OS with a freeware program called Macrium Reflect. I feel like I'm well protected and ready for just about any thing. I also use WOT and no script with Fire Fox. Avira AV free, Online Armor firewall Free, and run Malwarebytese in real time.
Thanks for your reply

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
I think you are both misinterpreting the protection log. The IPs listed have been blocked by MBAM HIPS (Host-based Intrusion Prevention). Using default settings on a registered version of MBAM, you should get notification in your taskbar when MBAM blocks access to a website, or IP address using HIPS. It doesn't function like a firewall blocking IP addresses that are actively trying to access your system, but blocks IPs you, or a website you are visiting is trying to access (often malicious ads are blocked using HIPS).

Example:
Posted Image

oneeyejack

oneeyejack

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

I think you are both misinterpreting the protection log. The IPs listed have been blocked by MBAM HIPS (Host-based Intrusion Prevention). Using default settings on a registered version of MBAM, you should get notification in your taskbar when MBAM blocks access to a website, or IP address using HIPS. It doesn't function like a firewall blocking IP addresses that are actively trying to access your system, but blocks IPs you, or a website you are visiting is trying to access (often malicious ads are blocked using HIPS).

Example:
Posted Image

Hello Sir! I'm a complete newbie to the computer world. I thank you for your reply. I'm not sure I understand what you are telling me. I get a balloon in the lower right corner, that tells me Malwarebytese blocked a malicious website. I'm not trying to access any Chinese website when I get this warning. They come at any time that I'm connected to the internet no matter what site I'm surfing. I'm able to change my IP address by restarting my PC. This will usually stop these warnings for a while. When I start seeing these warnings pop up, I just restart my PC. Malwarebytes tells me this feature is for preventing malware from getting to my PC before it can get started. I believe them.
Thank you very much for your reply. I'm sorry if I didn't understand
Please delete this double post Thank you. I'm very sorry Will try to figure what is causing this

Attached Thumbnails

• ScreenShot00083.jpg
  • ScreenShot00084.jpg

Edited by oneeyejack, 20 November 2010 - 03:54 PM.

oneeyejack

oneeyejack

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Example:
Posted Image

Hello Sir! I'm a complete newbie to the computer world. I thank you for your reply. I'm not sure I understand what you are telling me. I get a balloon in the lower right corner, that tells me Malwarebytese blocked a malicious website. I'm not trying to access any Chinese website when I get this warning. They come at any time that I'm connected to the internet no matter what site I'm surfing. I'm able to change my IP address by restarting my PC. This will usually stop these warnings for a while. When I start seeing these warnings pop up, I just restart my PC. Malwarebytes tells me this feature is for preventing malware from getting to my PC before it can get started. I believe them.

oneeyejack

oneeyejack

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Example:
Posted Image

I'm very sorry for this double post. Please delete this for me!!

Edited by oneeyejack, 20 November 2010 - 03:39 PM.

oneeyejack

oneeyejack

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Hello!! I'm very sorry for these double posts. Please delete them, and I will try to figure out why this is happening.
Thank you Sir!!

oneeyejack

oneeyejack

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Hello Sir!
I'm very sorry for messing this topic up. I'll try not to double post again.
This is the way Malwarebytes explains this. They say it works both incoming and out going/ I'm assuming Malwarebytes is blocking incoming malicious websites from accessing my PC. I have had my PC checked by a very reliable malware fighter and My PC is clean. I have ran Malwarebytes, Superantispyware, Combo fix, Gmer, ESET all at the request of a malware fighter. I'm clean!! My PC runs really well. If there is any thing else I should know ,please comment. I'm always ready for suggestions and advice. Here's link to Malwarebytes IP blocker. Section G
http://forums.malwar...showtopic=10138

Edited by oneeyejack, 20 November 2010 - 05:11 PM.

oneeyejack

oneeyejack

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Hello Mister Addmi. First of all, I'm sorry for the double posts. I think I have that figured out. Second, am I not able to post live links on the forum?? Thank you for your reply. I can understand not being able to post live links for security reasons. Thank you for replying on my topic. This is a great forum !!!

oneeyejack

oneeyejack

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Hello Sir.
I feel a little intimidated. I don't know who I'm talking to and I don't want to seem like I'm a know it all. It says you are the founder of this forum. I'm just a want to be and I can't even shine your shoes sir. I have read your reply several times and I'm trying real hard to understand what you are telling me. This IP blocker thing has bothered me for a long time. Even though there is no way I can tell if these blocked IP's are incoming or outgoing, I feel that they are incoming. I feel like they would be happening all the time if they were outgoing. Once I restart my PC and get a new IP, Malwarebytes doesn't show these blocked addresses for several days and even weeks. If my PC is trying to connect to these Chinese IP's, its because a application installed on my PC is trying to connect to these malicious IP addresses, and that is not good. I don't think that's what is happening but I would like to hear your comments when you have time.
PS It's been a while sense Malwarebytes has blocked any IP's. I hope that's a good sign. I have been restarting my PC more frequently and getting a different IP.
I really appreciate your time sir. I know I'm paranoid, but I have a very good reason to be.
Thank you sir!!

devper94

devper94

• PipPipPip
  • 817 posts

Example:
Posted Image

I see. So this is an IP blacklisting feature.

Still, I receive lots of alerts everyday. Most are port scans targeted at port 80 (HTTP).

I feel a little intimidated.

As long as you keep your computer secure and updated, there is no reason to fear.