Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Generic Host Processes for Win32

• Please log in to reply

ncgirl04

ncgirl04

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Can someone please help me with this issue. I have searched google and tried several suggestions but nothing is helping. I have to restart my computer about 2 to 3 times a day. When I am online, a box will appear that says "Generic Host Process for Win32 Services has encoutered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." If I click on either Send Error Report or Don't Send, then my internet will no longer load until I restart. So I have been leaving the box up and moving it as far over as I can. Also, a box appears that says "svchost.exe-Application Error. The instruction at '0x7c923845' referenced memory at '0x00000000'. The memory could not be 'read'". And then you can click on OK to terminate the program or click on Cancel to debug the program, but I leave this box up as well because if you click on it, the same thing happens. I don't recall doing anything specific to make these things appear which is why I don't know if it's a virus. However, everything I have researched says it has something to do with the security updates or service pack but if I go on microsoft, it says I can't download because I don't need it - I have the most up to date version.

I need help please. I tried following some of the posts on this topic, but I couldn't get clarity on what exactly worked.

Thank you!!

Advertisements