Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Acer aspire keyboard replacement

• Please log in to reply

lorryone

lorryone

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Q: Acer aspire keyboard replacement
Hello friends i have an acer aspire 5610 laptop. I am using it since last year but now i find that after working for an hour or more some of the keys of the keyboard are not function properly because when i press those keys they don't show any reaction on the system. One of my friend suggested me to change the keyboard so i got a new keyboard. Although i am aware about hardwares but i am still confused to change the keyboard of my laptop on my own. please guide me in replacing the keyboard of my laptop.

A: Acer aspire keyboard replacement
It is not a good step to replace the keyboard by yourself. I will suggest to take an opinion from the hardware expert regarding this matter. if some of the keyboard keys are not functioning well that does not mean that your whole keyboard has stopped functioning. It might be due to the collection of dust inside your laptop or some connections inside your laptop must have loosen. So its better to take the opinion from a hardware professional.

If you are very much certain that your keyboard has stopped functioning then To replace the keyboard you need to follow the instructions mentioned below:
1. you need to remove the power cover Well if you see the power button, that's what i mean.
2. After removing the cover, you will see two screws that hold the keyboard. Remove both screws.
3. Remove keyboard and replace it with new keyboard.

I think you should take your laptop to the service centre and get it checked. It is quite possible that you are getting this problem due to some other reason such as dust collection or loosen collection or whatever. or at least get it checked by a proper hardware guy who can suggest you regarding this matter and also he can get the keyboard fixed.

In order to remove the keyboard you will have to remove all the three screws that are present on the black yellow LCD. then lay the lcd backwards with the help of a small flat head screw driver , than lift it up. You will find that there are two screws connected to the keyboard remove both the screw and then you can remove the keyboard.

You will find a screw at the bottom of the laptop take this screw out you will find a small picture of a keyboard next to it. Then you will see two screws which will be holding the keyboard remove both these screw once you take this screw off lift the keyboard and replace with the one which you bought and then just fit it with the help of the screws
Laptopskeyboard.com

Advertisements