Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

STALKER Call of Pripyat won't run on DX10!

• Please log in to reply

Peptobismol165

Peptobismol165

• PipPipPip
  • 147 posts
Hello!
I purchased "STALKER Call of Pripyat" and I love it! I finally got Windows 7 (Home Premium 64-bit) and I couldn't wait to try out Direct X 10!!! I download the game, got updates, Blah, Blah, blah, and I finally get the game started! I turn the graphics all the way up and it works great! (re-boot)
I get back on the game. I select Full Dynamic Lighting (DX10) and I reboot. I go to start the game and I get a blank screen and then an error that says something like "X-ray 1.6 Engine is not working" and the program closes. The only way I can get back on the game is if I un-install the game and re-install it. I contacted lovely STALKER tech support a week ago and I still haven't received a response. Can you help me?

Specs:
Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit)
NVIDIA GTS 250 (512 Mb; by ASUS)
Intel Core i3 @ 2.93 Ghz
4 Gb of DDR3 RAM @ 1600Mhz
P7P55 SUPERCOMPUTER motherboard (by ASUS)
850 Watt Power supply

I also attached a DxDiag file

Thanks!

Attached Files

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
I would recommend updating your driver for the video card if you haven't tried that already.

http://www.nvidia.co...hql-driver.html

Peptobismol165

Peptobismol165

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts
Didn't work. I got the same thing.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
ok, lets try updating direct x
http://microsoft.com/directx
direct download:
http://www.microsoft...6a-9b6652cd92a3

Save and run. It will update the components that need to be updated.

Peptobismol165

Peptobismol165

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts
Still nothing.

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Hi mate,

Have you heard back yet from their Tech Support? Have you looked online to see if there are any update patches available for the game? Also have you run all Windows Updates?

Cheers

Troy

Peptobismol165

Peptobismol165

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts
Still nothing from Tech support. I searched online and I can't find any TRUST-WORTHY patches. I can find a million Russian patches, but no English ones. I couldn't find any Windows updates for it either. :D

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Ah good point, I meant only official patches which would be downloaded directly from the software maker's website.

Also for Windows Updates, I meant all updates in general, not one specifically for that game.

So the game works perfectly fine in DX9 mode, is this correct? Anything else that happens with the computer at this time, like crashes or bugs that bother you - even from completely unrelated programs?

Peptobismol165

Peptobismol165

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts
Yes. The game works PERFECTLY on DX9. I don't really have any other problems beyond that with my computer. All my other programs and games run perfect.
I did check Windows updates and I installed them all. Still nothing.

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
I don't usually recommend other forums, but it looks like there is an official forum where you may get better help. Chances of someone more familiar with the game may be able to help you here:

http://www.gsc-game....ype=xr3&lang=en

Have you posted there yet? If not, do so. If so, give me the link.

Cheers

Peptobismol165

Peptobismol165

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts
Would you look at that.
Thanks! I'll keep you posted on how it goes!

I would give you the link, but if I do it won't go directly to my forum.

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
I see your thread, wasn't too hard to find. :D

In the meantime, perhaps a bit of system maintenance? Like cleanout temp files, defrag etc?