Posted 21 November 2010 - 06:24 AM
Malware experts say that a Complete Reformat and Reinstall is the only way to clean the infection. This includes All Drives that contain .exe, .scr, .rar, .zip, .htm, .html files.
- Backup all your documents and important items only.
- DO NOT backup any executable files (,exe .scr .html or .htm)
- Do Not back up compressed files (zip/cab/rar) files that may contain .exe, .pdf, .jpg, .doc or .scr files
- Reformat and Reinstall as outlined HERE
I suggest you do the following immediately:
- Call all of your banks, credit card companies, financial institutions and inform them that you may be a victim of identity theft and to put a watch on your accounts or change all your account numbers.
- From a clean computer, change *all* your online passwords -- for email, for banks, financial accounts, PayPal, eBay, online companies, any online forums or groups you belong to.
- DO NOT change passwords or do any transactions while using the infected computer because the attacker will get the new passwords and transaction information.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users