Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

programs running in start up

• Please log in to reply

jojo9515

jojo9515

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Hello my name is Joey. can someone tell me which program running at start up i can disable thank you

No HKLM:Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 9.0\Reader\Reader_sl.exe"
Yes HKLM:Run SunJavaUpdateSched "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Java\Java Update\jusched.exe"
No HKLM:Run EgisUpdate "C:\Program Files\EgisTec IPS\EgisUpdate.exe" -d
No HKLM:Run SuiteTray "C:\Program Files\EgisTec MyWinLockerSuite\x86\SuiteTray.exe"
No HKCU:Run swg "C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe"
Yes HKLM:Run mcui_exe "C:\Program Files\McAfee.com\Agent\mcagent.exe" /runkey
Yes HKLM:Run Microsoft Default Manager "C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Search Enhancement Pack\Default Manager\DefMgr.exe" -resume
No HKLM:Run MSN Toolbar "C:\Program Files\MSN Toolbar\Platform\4.0.0401.0\mswinext.exe"
No HKLM:Run Bing Bar "C:\Program Files\MSN Toolbar\Platform\6.3.2348.0\mswinext.exe"
No HKLM:Run NortonOnlineBackupReminder "C:\Program Files\Symantec\Norton Online Backup\Activation\NobuActivation.exe" UNATTENDED
No HKCU:Run msnmsgr "C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Messenger\msnmsgr.exe" /background
Yes HKLM:Run Acer ePower Management C:\Program Files\Acer\Acer ePower Management\ePowerTray.exe
No Startup Common Acer VCM.lnk C:\Program Files\Acer\Acer VCM\AcerVCM.exe
Yes HKLM:Run Apoint C:\Program Files\Apoint2K\Apoint.exe
Yes HKLM:Run IAAnotif C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel Matrix Storage Manager\iaanotif.exe
No HKLM:Run LManager C:\Program Files\Launch Manager\LManager.exe
No HKLM:Run RtHDVCpl C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio\HDA\RtHDVCpl.exe -s
Yes HKLM:Run WEB Framework C:\Program Files\WEB Framework\wbfrmwrk.exe
Yes HKLM:Run PLFSetI C:\Windows\PLFSetI.exe
No HKLM:Run HotKeysCmds C:\Windows\system32\hkcmd.exe
No HKLM:Run Persistence C:\Windows\system32\igfxpers.exe
No HKLM:Run IgfxTray C:\Windows\system32\igfxtray.exe

If its to see it better click my Attached File(

Attached Files

Edited by jojo9515, 21 November 2010 - 08:51 PM.

Advertisements

phillipcorcoran

phillipcorcoran

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts
Impossible to say as it depends what applications you have installed and which of those startup items you need access to.
What's okay for one person to disable on his particular machine doesn't necessarily apply to everyone else.

I can tell you that there does seem to be more than is really necessary, which will increase Windows loading time considerably.
What I usually do to keep my Startup items under control in an informed way is to "Google" each one (the filename)and see what
the concensus of opinion is on three or four of the hits.

Sorry if this all sounds like "passing the buck" but I've found that to be the only method I trust.

Edited by phillipcorcoran, 22 November 2010 - 03:08 PM.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
The following can be turned off with no problem as they don't need to run on startup.

No HKLM:Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 9.0\Reader\Reader_sl.exe"
Yes HKLM:Run SunJavaUpdateSched "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Java\Java Update\jusched.exe"
No HKCU:Run swg "C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe"
No HKLM:Run MSN Toolbar "C:\Program Files\MSN Toolbar\Platform\4.0.0401.0\mswinext.exe"
No HKLM:Run Bing Bar "C:\Program Files\MSN Toolbar\Platform\6.3.2348.0\mswinext.exe"
No HKLM:Run IgfxTray C:\Windows\system32\igfxtray.exe

jojo9515

jojo9515

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Thank you for answering my question. Should i detete or enable them?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
No need to delete them. Just disable them. They do not need to run because when they are needed they will run.
As far as the toolbars the more you have the slower your browser will respond and potentially can cause corruption of the browser.