Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Microsoft bitlocker

• Please log in to reply

mmees

mmees

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have a Dell Vostro 1500 laptop running XP. I started the computer this morning and saw this message for the first time, "Dell MediaDirect Express cannot access hard drive. This may be because you have enabled Microsoft BitLocker (Drive Encryption). MediaDirect Express is not accessible when Microsoft BitLocker is enabled."

I have seen posts which talk about going to the start button but I cannot get the computer started to get to the start button. Any suggestions?

Advertisements

Alzeimer

Alzeimer

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts
Try by login in SAFE MODE.

To get in SAFE MODE tap F8 before Windows starts to load.

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
This matter is SOLVED. mmes, made exactly the same post on Tech Support Guy and I advised him to boot using the Dell Media button, to the left of the power button.
He did and the issue is SOLVED.