Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

"Not Responding" - Apps freeze up

• Please log in to reply

KipHartman

KipHartman

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I'm new, so I'll do my best to explain what I am experiencing. When I open IE8 it works sometimes and it freezes sometimes. I have to frequently CTL/ALT/DEL and force it closed many times each day. It also affects Outlook 2003 sometimes.

Here is what I have noticed. Before I start IE8 there is no instance of iexplore.exe running, according to the Windows Task Manager. Once I start IE8, there are two instances of iexplore.exe listed in Processes. At some point, either right away or after a few different pages, one of the iexplore.exe grabs about 50% of the CPU resources and it comes to a halt.

I attached the OTL log. Please let me know if there is something I can do to solve this problem. Thanks!

Kip -

Advertisements

phillipcorcoran

phillipcorcoran

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts
Don't see any attachment, but in any case we aren't allowed to read OTL logs here.
You must post it on the Malware forum for a member of staff to deal with.
Ordinary members aren't allowed to help with malware issues in case they give bad advice (and often have in the past, hence the rule).
Post here please: http://www.geekstogo...alware-removal/

KipHartman

KipHartman

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thank you, Phillip - will do!

Edited by KipHartman, 24 November 2010 - 11:09 AM.