Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Black Friday Gaming Build

• Please log in to reply

BallOfFire

BallOfFire

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hey guys.

I'm building my first computer, and I would really appreciate some advice on my build. I intend to buy it during the Black Friday sale on newegg to get the best deal I can.

It's mostly for gaming. I've never had a good gaming computer, and I'd love to have one where I can max out graphics while maintaining great performance and a high frame rate.

I'm not the kind of guy who upgrades every year or two. It's been 6-7 years since I got my last computer, and it's a laptop. I want something that will LAST!

I've done a lot of incredibly disorganized research, so it's quite possible I'm missing compatibility issues or obvious better options, hence me seeking a second opinion. Any help would be much appreciated!

Here is my newegg wishlist: http://secure.newegg...Number=21366948

I'm waiting for Black Friday and/or Cyber Monday sales to do most of the purchasing.

Thank you very much!

Edited by BallOfFire, 23 November 2010 - 07:02 PM.

Advertisements

Waffleboy

Waffleboy

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
I believe the link you provided goes to a page specific to your profile. Can you link the individual parts instead?

BallOfFire

BallOfFire

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Whoops, I had an extra letter in the web address. Thanks for pointing that out.

http://secure.newegg...Number=21366948

Waffleboy

Waffleboy

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
Looks like a great build. You should be great on maxed settings for a couple of years and after that, it should last you a long time if you are willing to turn down the settings a bit. Nice choice of fan too, you will be able to get a great overclock out of that (if you're in to overclocking :D)

BallOfFire

BallOfFire

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thanks!

It's about time to start purchasing, as Black Friday is almost here. Any last minute recommendations would be much appreciated! Here is the wishlist in it's current state: https://secure.neweg...spx?ID=21366948

The_Joo

The_Joo

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
Forget the toolkit and static mat, you only need a Philips head screwdriver.
Everything looks good, the only change I would make is the the PSU. It's the heart and lungs of the PC so it needs to be strong. Check this guy out or if you're looking more budget friendly This guy will do it but you wont have as much headroom in the future for video cards.