Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Corrupt Event Viewer (Application log only)

• Please log in to reply

dm27

dm27

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
Hi again,

A second run of chkdsk provided another "Found and fixed one or more errors on volume" message.

The only updates I've made this week are to my security software: MBAM (real-time protection), Avira Antivir Personal, and SuperAntiSpyware (on-demand scanner only).

So far, the system date has not reverted back to European format after correcting it yesterday.

Best regards,

dm

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
How about the event viewer issue?
Did you do the steps in post 13 that 123Runner suggested about the log?

dm27

dm27

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
Oops, forgot that one...The Application log was still showing corrupt. I still get the Automation error when attempting to run the VEW app.

I've cleared out the events in the log and will check tomorrow to see if any new events are logged (and they are readable).

Thanks again for your assistance,

dm

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Ok no problem we will monitor for your results. :D