Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

My pc won't work! Help please

• Please log in to reply

Pamela30

Pamela30

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Okay so I should start with me saying I'm not very good with technology unfortunatly. Anyway, about three days ago, I was on my computer (a HP pavillion a6110n) then it began to freeze up. So I got frustrated with it and turned it off without waiting for it to unfreeze. I turned it back on and it went to a permanent black screen with the green lines, says "Microsoft Corporation". I turned it off again and then on and it went to the screen that says it was reccommended that I run startup repair, so I did. But it took a long time so I decided to turn it off for the night. Next day i hope it's fixed but it's not. Same thing, I run startup repair, only this time I let it run really long, like overnight. In the morning I wake up and it's STILL running startup repair!! So I turn it off
Now, like today, my pc says "Loading Windows Files" then it goes to the black screen with the green lines, then it goes to startup repair and after a short while says it could not fix problem so it tells me to send the problem....then it shuts down
And that's the same cycle it does now.
Does anyone know how I can get my familiar aqua screen that says "welcome" again?!?! I also don't want to lose anything I have stored on it
Please, any help would be greatly appreciated, you have no idea.
P.S. Please remember I'm not good with technology lol, so simple terms/instructions would be great :D

Edited by Pamela30, 24 November 2010 - 12:50 AM.

Advertisements

zbd

zbd

• PipPipPip
  • 271 posts
Have you tried system restore to before the problem started?

http://www.windows7n...system-restore/

Pamela30

Pamela30

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Have you tried system restore to before the problem started?

http://www.windows7n...system-restore/

first of all, thanks for answering :D
and I'd like to do that, it's just that I can't access the system restore part. I turn on computer then it has the blue screen with boot menu, system recovery, etc. Then after that it says Windows is loading files. Then it has the screen that says Microsoft Corporation. Then it goes to Startup Repair and from here it says Windows cannot repair this computer automatically then it shuts down.
Do you have an idea what to click and when (to get to system restore)? I don't think I can even get Safe Mode anymore...