Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

AutoRuns

• Please log in to reply

simplee55

simplee55

• PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
Hello Ev-1:

I'm doing maintenance on a friends PC who I'm visiting for the Holidays. I just ran AutoRuns and see several "Files Not Found". Can someone please tell me which can be deleted safely.

I am only here with her until Saturday and will be going back home, which is in another State. I would like to get this done before I leave.

Attachments 1-4.

Thank U !!!

Advertisements

Salagubang

Salagubang

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 3,891 posts
MyWebSearch

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Below is my canned for Autoruns:
Download Autoruns from the link in my signature below:

1: Extract the Autoruns Zip file contents to a folder.
2: Double-click the "Autoruns.exe".
3: Click on the "Everything" tab
4: Remove any entries that mention "File Not Found" by right-clicking the entry and select Delete.
5: Go to File then to Export As or Save in some versions.
6: Save AutoRuns.txt file to known location like your Desktop.
7: Attach to your next reply.

Attach the log and I will then give you everything to disable and the second steps we use here at GTG when using this program.

simplee55

simplee55

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
rshaffer61:

Here is the AutoRuns Log.

Thanks ...

simplee

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Open Autoruns, click on "Logon" tab, and UN-check:

+ "Adobe ARM"
+ "Adobe Reader Speed Launcher"
+ "NeroCheck"
+ "QuickTime Task"
+ "Google Update"
+ "MSMSGS"

When done restart computer and then:

Download TFC by OldTimer to your desktop
  • Please double-click TFC.exe to run it. (Note: If you are running on Vista, right-click on the file and choose Run As Administrator).
  • It will close all programs when run, so make sure you have saved all your work before you begin.
  • Click the Start button to begin the process. Depending on how often you clean temp files, execution time should be anywhere from a few seconds to a minute or two. Let it run uninterrupted to completion.
  • Once it's finished it should reboot your machine. If it does not, please manually reboot the machine yourself to ensure a complete clean.

Download Auslogics Defrag from the link in my signature below. Auslogics Defrag in my opinion is better because:

It does a more comprehensive job at Defragging
It will actually show you what it is doing
At the end of working it will show you how much speed you picked up
You can view a online log of the files that Auslogics defragged

simplee55

simplee55

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
rshaffer61:

I've done all but the Defrag because I ran the MBAM tool and there were 56 infections found, two (2) of which were Trojans.

So what I did was posted over on the Virus/Malware Forum and am waiting to see if I get the help I need before I have to leave my friends house on Saturday.

This woman knows nothing about the inter-workings of how a PC works, I got my fingers crossed about the help.

Getting ready to run the TFC tool and will get back with you as soon as I'm back up.

simplee

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK Simplee55 with the infections it would be a good ideal to let the Malware Techs work on the system to make sure it is clean before we go any further then the last steps I posted. Once you finish them then wait for the Malware Tech. You may want to add a link to your post there so they can see what we did here so far. :D

simplee55

simplee55

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
OK Simplee55 with the infections it would be a good ideal to let the Malware Techs work on the system to make sure it is clean before we go any further then the last steps I posted. Yes, I know, but the waiting part will be hard because you know how you Techs work and I only have two (2) more days to try and pull this off for my friend. I can only hope that I posted something that will help to make a Tech or two jump right in and start helping with all the junk that was found.

Once you finish them then wait for the Malware Tech. You may want to add a link to your post there so they can see what we did here so far. As soon as all this is cleared up, I will be in touch, hopefully.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
I will do what I can from my end and try to help.
Let me know how the system is running when you complete the steps and what issues you still have. :D

simplee55

simplee55

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
rshaffer61:

Thank you 4 the offer.

But, no such luck, ;) not one reply, but many views.

One thing I would like you to do if you can rshaffer61, can you look at my Post to see if it's something I need to say to the Techs that will get them to REPLY. I thought maybe I haven't said enough or given enough information to them, but there is really no other info I can give them other than the Malwarebytes Log that I posted.

And as usual, it is GREATLY appreciated, you know that.

Thank U !!!

simplee :D

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Nope your post is good and they can see everything they need to. They are very busy and I'm sure with Thanksgiving most are enjoying the family and the feast.

simplee55

simplee55

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
Good to hear that nothing else needs to be added.

I hope by tomorrow that someone will decide to help, I would hate to leave my friend's PC overtaken with Malware and Virus'. Throughout the night/day I'll keep checking back to see if there has been any activity.

Thanks again !!!

simplee55

simplee55

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
rshaffer61:

can you please look at my AutoRuns and tell me if the two (2) files not found can be deleted.

Thank U !!!

simplee

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Yep any file not found entries can be taken out as they do nothing but cause the system to look for something that is not there. .

simplee55

simplee55

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
alright, thank U.