Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

AVG

• Please log in to reply

scottyx

scottyx

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
hi, i wonder if anyone can help me
whenever i do a scan (with avg 2011 free edition), i get 15 items listed as "The file is signed with a broken digital signature". they're listed as "information", not as "warnings".
i guess my questions are
1) what does this mean?
2) is it serious? if so, what should i do?

i googled about this, but couldn't get a definitive answer. thanks in advance :D

Advertisements

Tee*Cee

Tee*Cee

• PipPipPip
  • 198 posts
Hi scottyx , I have seen so many false positives with that new AVG, and especially on XP! I ''had' AVG 9, but it kept wanting me to update to the new version, that you have, and I have seen SO MANY issues with it and XP, I went with AVAST ; it is not only Free, but a WHOLE lot lighter on resources, and updates automatically! Have you thought of another AV? I would highly suggest you take a look at AVAST or AVIRA Here: AV Info & downloads

At least give it a read, and I think you will be a LOT more happy with one that is not so abusive to your intelligence.
:D