Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

is it possible to get the below feature for XP?

• Please log in to reply

luvpats

luvpats

• PipPip
  • 40 posts
I already have the Vista Drive Status indicator. I am seeking the wording, the descriptive text, underneath the bar as shown in the below photo.

http://img94.imagesh...ot3vis.jpg/here is another photo

please take a look at Drive C: in the photo

It shows a blue bar

Below the blue bar it states:

"92 GB free of 117GB"

That is what I am seeking is the wording that shows the total amount of free space below the bar.

So what I want is what shows in the picture.

I already have the blue bar. I want the wording (descriptive feature)below to go with i

Advertisements

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts
1) Your link doesn't work.

2) Once you get "what shows in the picture", where do you want to see it displayed?

luvpats

luvpats

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
I am so sorry for the wrong link. This should be the correct link:

http://img94.imagesh...enshot3vis.jpg/

I would like to get the descriptive text right below the Drive C: icon where is states the amount of free space left in wording and right above is the blue bar.

I have the blue bar but I also would like the descriptive wording below which states the amount of disk space left.

Hopefully the link works.

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts
Yes, your link works now. And I can see the string "92.9 GB free of 117 GB" underneath the blue bar for "Local Disk (C:)" near the top left.

The part I don't understand is where else do you want to see/put that "92.9 GB free of 117 GB" string?

Or, do you mean you just want to copy it, as in copy-&-paste?

D-Berd

D-Berd

• PipPipPip
  • 238 posts
you should post an image of what your screen looks like now and then we can compare the two. Or draw a circle around the area that you want to replicate.

luvpats

luvpats

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
I would like to get the same feature on my XP machine.

I already have the blue bar feature I just want to get the feature in which there is a description of the amount of disk space left under the blue bar.

Is it possible on XP?

I don't know how to post a screenshot of my computer.

Mine just shows the blue bar no description below.

So I am wanting to show the descriptive text for my Computer as well just like it shows in the photo.

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts
Microsoft would be the one to contact about altering Windows XP. However, at this late stage in Windows XP's life I seriously doubt that Microsoft would even consider making any cosmetic changes.

luvpats

luvpats

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
I don't understand your response. I want to get the same feature as pictured. Obviously it can be done or else the person who posted the picture would not have done it and I don't believe they contacted Microsoft to do that and I don't know why you are referring me to Microsoft.

There must be a way to get the feature so that is why I posted my question.

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts
The top half of the screenshot you posted appears to be part of the Windows 7 Operating System.

Windows 7 and Windows XP were both created by (written/programmed by) Microsoft.

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts

I don't understand your response. I want to get the same feature as pictured. Obviously it can be done or else the person who posted the picture would not have done it and I don't believe they contacted Microsoft to do that and I don't know why you are referring me to Microsoft.

Firstly, let me make it quite clear that I am not speaking for SpywareDr. I make the following comment only because I am now posting the solution to your question.

"This is a FREE help forum and if you do not entirely agree with a suggestion offered, there are nicer ways of saying so than the one you chose."

IN My Computer click on the View tab and then click Details, that will show what you want without the pretty, and in my opinion gimmicky blue or red bar.
Alternatively of course, the same information is readily available in XP by simply holding the mouse on the drive icon, or clicking once to highlight the drive, when it then appears in the left pane, if you are using XP view, rather than classic view.

If you really want the coloured bar see this
http://www.techsnack...nto-vista-style

luvpats

luvpats

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
I already have the colored bar. I am seeking the descriptive text that goes along with the colored bar.

Some like it some don't I happen to like that feature.

Apparently that feature is not available for XP and/or can't be added.

Apparently the picture is from a Windows 7 computer.

I thought I could get the same feature for XP. Apparently not.

I was trying to get the same feature without going into Detail view which I hate.

Some like that feature. I don't happen to like that feature.

As far as everyone telling me to go and get Windows 7 I found that OS to be very difficult to operate and kept freezing on me. The library has it and I could not operate it.

I am not a computer genius and never will be. So as far as being able to run a computer I have to stick with XP. I only get my email and small surfing and I still have Word '97 because I found Word 2010 very confusing.

Eventually I will have to take classes and become more knowledgable.

Right now I am going through rehabilitation for a disability and hopefully will return to work in 2011.

Happy Holidays!

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
Well use the link then.
Best wishes for the recovery.
Hope you get it sorted.
Personally, I would say, leave it as Microsoft designed XP.
All tweaks and additions, simply serve when added together, to make recovery in the event of failure, less certain than it is to start with.