Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Transfer User profile

• Please log in to reply

Ardent

Ardent

• PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
I am using windows 7 home premium and i need to copy my user setting from my old profile to a new profile so my printer will work with certain applications. How is this done ?

thanks

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
The printer should work regardless of the user account.
What applications are we talking about?

Ardent

Ardent

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
I am using Photoshop Elements 6 and each time I tried to get it to print from my old user profile , it crashed the program. I originally tried the the new user profile because the software with my Canon wireless printer would not work. A friend suggested a new profile as a solution and after creating one the software did work.

Thanks

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Then this is an issue with the profile itself and not the software. You will probably notice other things that didn't work properly will now work in the new account.
In most cases any "settings" are usually global regardless of the user account so you shouldn't need to copy any settings from one account to another. Your data yes, but anything else, usually not.

Ardent

Ardent

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
thanks