Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

slashes on RT word documents

• Please log in to reply

northsea

northsea

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Help! Some of my word documents have thousands of rows of slashes on them and some of my document has disappeared! Ran all my virus checks and nothing showed up. How do i restore / fix ?????

Advertisements

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts
If you view one of your word documents with the "thousands of rows of slashes" on another computer, does it show the same "thousands of rows of slashes"?

northsea

northsea

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
(thank you )i don't know - i havn't copied it onto a disc and taken it to another computer. The slashes seem to happen under where i have cut and pasted a hyperlink

northsea

northsea

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
and i don't want to open the files in a friend's computer incase the slashing is caused by an infectious bug

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts
Just wondered if the slashes were a temporary visual artifact or are they actually being added to the files themselves?

Have you tried repairing Microsoft Office?
http://www.google.co...ce"&btnG=Search

Are you sure the computer is malware-free?
http://www.geekstogo...cleaning-guide/

northsea

northsea

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
thanks - will try to check out links. Slashes are part of document - they make document very heavy (properties) and a lot of my words have vanished

northsea

northsea

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
ran the OTL - it seemed to get rid of a close-down box but still weirdness on the documents. Tried removing the hyperlinks - but the document freezes!!!

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

ran the OTL

Continue with Step 3.