Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Epson Scan Utility won't work

• Please log in to reply

GeekForgotten

GeekForgotten

• PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
I have a epson workforce 323 printer that i just got

and I installed the drivers for my win 7 64bit computer, from the cd that I got and also I tried it from the website

It prints fine, but the scan utility just doesn't open

I double click it, and It just shows up at the taskbar for a second and closes

after that nothing happens

I tried running compatibility mode for older versions, but still same problem!

Any help?
Maybe another scan utility might work??

Advertisements

GeekForgotten

GeekForgotten

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
Bump

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
http://www.epson.com...ghts#scan to pc

GeekForgotten

GeekForgotten

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
I installed event manager
restarted computer

ran epson scan but still same problem
ran event manager but it says cannot find scanner driver. make sure scanner driver is installed before running event manager

but driver is already installed!??

i tried to reinstall the driver but same problem

EmmaSB

EmmaSB

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have this exact problem too did you find a solution?

lovewithyou8808

lovewithyou8808

• Pip
  • 1 posts
The computer can't browse google except other websites,is this why?
I have restored system.but it failed,why???
i dont know network very much
someone help me
pls give me an example

Keep Your Coach factory outlet Purse
coach factory outlet glasses style quotient
luxury alternative route coach factory outlet

Song_of_Solomon

Song_of_Solomon

• Pip
  • 1 posts
We had the same problem with an Epson Artisan 837. The printer worked fine but the Epson Scan software would not open after the splash screen closed.

Cause: Somehow the X or Y coordinate value becomes an incredibly large value and Windows is unable to place the window on the screen where it would be visible. Because the window has a fixed size, using the task manager to select the application and choosing Maximize will not make the screen visible.

Solution: Open regedit.exe and go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\EPSON\EPSON Scan\ES00BC select the "Environment" Key and delete it. This will cause the Epson Scan screen to open in the upper left corner of the screen the next time the program is launched.

Once we successfully ran the Epson Scan program the registry showed normal X,Y values for use when the program is launched again.

RowanSB

RowanSB

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have a similar problem with a WF-7525 printer/scanner which I bought recently. The scanner only works on one of the three PCs I have connected to the network (running Vista). When I run Epson Scan on the Windows 7 x64 PC, it straight away crashes with this error message: Posted Image.

I guess this may be a slightly different fault than the one you were describing. In my case there is no "Environment" key in the registry.

The printing on this PC works fine. I have another PC (Windows 7 x86) where neither the printer nor the scanner will work. Epson have been no help at all, telling me only to completely uninstall their driver, delete all the files, and then reinstall it.

What is the use of a "workforce" printer/scanner if it will only work on one PC???

Thanks - Rowan

vvvVvvv

vvvVvvv

• Pip
  • 1 posts

We had the same problem with an Epson Artisan 837. The printer worked fine but the Epson Scan software would not open after the splash screen closed.

Cause: Somehow the X or Y coordinate value becomes an incredibly large value and Windows is unable to place the window on the screen where it would be visible. Because the window has a fixed size, using the task manager to select the application and choosing Maximize will not make the screen visible.

Solution: Open regedit.exe and go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\EPSON\EPSON Scan\ES00BC select the "Environment" Key and delete it. This will cause the Epson Scan screen to open in the upper left corner of the screen the next time the program is launched.

Once we successfully ran the Epson Scan program the registry showed normal X,Y values for use when the program is launched again.

Thats what worked for me when i stoped working with 2 screens. Epson scan was always minimized on the task bar. (Epson perfection v500)
Thanks mate you saved my day!

Edited by vvvVvvv, 17 October 2013 - 03:26 AM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts
:welcome: vvvVvvv

Glad you got it sorted and thank you for letting us know that information that you found here at GTG has helped you :thumbsup:

Advertisements

Yendis74

Yendis74

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Followed Song of Solomon's steps exactly and it resolved the issue.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts
:welcome: Yendis74

Glad you got it sorted and thanks for the feedback :thumbsup:

FargoJoe

FargoJoe

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Thank you Song_of_Solomon for this fix!  We put a new monitor on a Windows 8.1 computer and the Epson Scan software would not become visible even though it was running.  Uninstalled and reinstalled, messed with video drivers, plugged and unplugged monitors and many other steps were taken to troubleshoot.  Found this post and deleted the Environment registry key.  Then had to reinstall the software because it wouldn't start up and my program screen became visible again!!  Thanks for the help!!

sandgnat

sandgnat

• Pip
  • 3 posts

After installing Windows 10, my Epson Workforce 645 scanner won't operate on my desk top.  I have it wireless and I am able to scan from my laptop, which I also installed Windows 10 on.  When I try to bring it up on my desk top, the Epson logo comes up briefly and then nothing, no more response from it.  I've downloaded from Epson additional drivers but still no luck.  I didn't do anything extra with my laptop and, like I've mentioned, I can scan from it.  Reckon what the issue is with my desk top?  Any ideas?

[email protected]

[email protected]

• Pip
  • 1 posts

After installing Windows 10, my Epson Workforce 645 scanner won't operate on my desk top.  I have it wireless and I am able to scan from my laptop, which I also installed Windows 10 on.  When I try to bring it up on my desk top, the Epson logo comes up briefly and then nothing, no more response from it.  I've downloaded from Epson additional drivers but still no luck.  I didn't do anything extra with my laptop and, like I've mentioned, I can scan from it.  Reckon what the issue is with my desk top?  Any ideas?

I have the exact same issue.  This happened when i removed a monitor and i had windows 7.  I fixed it by reconnecting the monitor and moving it back to a visible screen and then disconnecting the monitor.  Unfortunately i do not have a 3rd monitor anymore and  when i upgraded to windows 10 the problem came back.  I followed the steps to delete the registry for X and Y coordinates but it didn't help.  

I noticed that when i open Epson scan a quick window pops up and the scanner goes through some calibration routine then it gets hung up.  When i go to task manager it says that Epson scan is using about 33% of CPU and that it isn't responding.  Is it not compatible with windows 10?

Thanks guys, I've been trying to figure this out for a few weeks.