Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Networking query

• Please log in to reply

Ironside

Ironside

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
I have two computers on a network, I am able to share "my shared documents" on both computers. I used to be able to get into my documents but something has gone wrong and I no longer can. Can someone please explain how I can configure the computer to access my documents on another computer.

Advertisements

-=jonnyrotten=-

-=jonnyrotten=-

Member 2k

• Retired Staff
  • 2,678 posts
Go to "My Computer" and open the Local Disk (usually C:\), now open "Documents and Settings", "The username you are using", and right click on "My Documents". Click "Properties" and select the "Sharing" tab at the top of the window. Select the option "Share this Folder" and create a share name for it. Do the same on the other computer. Now if you want it to be in "Network Places" also, then open up "My Network Places" and select "Add Network Place". Now just go through the wizard and at the proper time browse to the folder you just shared on the other machine and select it and now you will have a new network place.

-=jonnyrotten=- :tazz: