Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows Activation & Icons

• Please log in to reply

Iconicmoronic

Iconicmoronic

• PipPip
  • 92 posts
I'm using win 7 64-bit. I have three hard disks from three seperate laptops and have interchanged two of them on this present laptop, the initial reason being that this laptops original hard drive displayed the open icon in windows as a missing icon, the blank white page, but I had no reports of viral infection. Something I noticed about the hard drive that I inserted instead before (on the previous laptop), is that no matter what windows key I use for activation, it's telling me that there are 3 days until activation, the product keys are invalid, and I may be a victim of software counterfeiting. I used the keys for a laptop bought three days ago, but the disk for a desktop whose hardware is unrelated, in order to get a clean installation. Can someone help me troubleshoot what's really going on with these pc's?

Advertisements