Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cannot unsubscribe from LeMonde.fr emails.. constant SPAM.

• Please log in to reply

erik567

erik567

• PipPip
  • 82 posts
Ahhhh!

they're always in my yahoo mail account. How can i unsubscribe. i translated "please remove me from your newsletter" and sent it to them. I followed a link on the website to unsubscribe but it just brought me to there online pamphlet to buy there magazine. I've marked it as spam numerous times, yet it still comes into my mailbox.

heres their website: http://www.lemonde.fr/

any help would be greatly appreciated,
thank you

Edited by erik567, 29 November 2010 - 10:22 AM.

Advertisements

phillipcorcoran

phillipcorcoran

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts
The standard format is to reply and simply type Unsubscribe in the message area of your reply , nothing else.
It's an automated system (usually) and it only recognises that format - one word.

I'm referring to the unsubscribe process for all the websites I've dealt with - they've all told me to use that format.
I can't guarantee it'll work for www.lemonde but it won't hurt to give it a try.

If that doesn't do it, I've been to that website and I'm fairly certain there's a facility to unsubscribe on there once you've logged in, but my French isn't good enough to follow the exact links or understand what it says.

Do you know anyone who understands French, perhaps? I'm fairly sure there's a link to unsubscribe on their website.

Edited by phillipcorcoran, 30 November 2010 - 12:58 PM.

erik567

erik567

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts
nope, i've been copy/pasting things into google translate, it works well enough that you can navigate the site, but I couldn't find it. Ill send them an email, and check out the site again. I'll post/edit w/ what happens.

found it! Was above the copyright info at the bottom.

Edited by erik567, 30 November 2010 - 01:08 PM.

phillipcorcoran

phillipcorcoran

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts
Thanks for getting back to say you've fixed it on your own. Pleased you found it!