Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

My Computer seems to be downloading constantly

• Please log in to reply

Enochered

Enochered

• Pip
  • 1 posts
My provider cut down my access to internet. I was sure I had not reached limit. Checked my machine. I noticed that STRDT MCE host was very active. Suspended it. My Anti Virus would not scan. Could not contact the necessary site because my connection was too feeble. I cleaned and defraggled the Registry and after a while the anti-Virus came to life. Since then I have checked to see if the STDRT was alive, and shut it off if it was. Today I forgot and I appear to have downloaded 2 Giga. I have done nothing on-line today. Not sure if this has anything to do with STDRT MCE Host or not but it was active. What is it?

Advertisements

Mythio

Mythio

• PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
Hi Enochered,

The problems you're describing make me think that your computer could be infected with malware.
I would suggest you follow the instructions in this topic:

Malware and spyware cleaning guide

Post you're log file in the appropriate forum, and a malware expert will have a look at it.

Hope to help,

Mythio