Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I locked myself out

• Please log in to reply

Etryeo

Etryeo

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Here's what happened: BitTorrent was acting all screwed up (giving me a "Access Denied" error), so i checked my downloads folder, and it seems as it was RO. Naturally, i unchecked it and applied. It didn't work, so i checked and it was still RO. After some lame-[bleep] advice from a windows site, i was adviced to uncheck the Systems permission to the folder. To make the story short, i now can't get into the folder or alter any settings in the folder, it gives me a "You currently do not have permission to blablabla". I am the administrator (only account).
Basicly, i'd like some help in regard of unlocking the folder. And, if possible, then help with how to make BitTorrent like me again.

Capture3.png
This is what i get when i try to change permissions.

Advertisements

Etryeo

Etryeo

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Alright, i just solved it myself, haha. Still, the problems with BitTorrent still exists. It downloads for a while (A couple of .1%s) then everything is reverted and gives me a Access Denied error.

Etryeo

Etryeo

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
It would seem as this forum is truly an awesome savior. Problem solved, thanks.

phillipcorcoran

phillipcorcoran

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts
If that was meant as sarcasm, remember this >> we don't help anyone with problems associated with any filesharing software.
That's why your post went unanswered (read the forum rules).
Just as well, then, that you solved it yourself.