Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

iTunes on XP with multiple users

• Please log in to reply

Jiffymon

Jiffymon

• Pip
  • 2 posts
My Fiance' and I each recently got iPods. I have a 40G and she got a mini. I have about 30G of music on my Dell Desktop at this time. All this music was burnt to the machine's administrator's "myMusic" folder which I have shared. I have set up iTunes on the administrator account and on her account on the computer and I have shared the folder across the network (home network).

My problem is she is not seeing all albums and tracks in her iTunes version - she sees many of them, but many are NOT shown as available to her.

I have set things up this way so she can have here own library off of the same base music as myself, but can create her own playlists and rate things as she wants.

Please help me with this sharing problem. Thank you.

Advertisements

greyknight17

greyknight17

Malware Expert

• Visiting Consultant
  • 16,560 posts
Welcome to GTG.

Let me take a shot at this :tazz:

I only used iTunes a few times myself. Have you tried clearing/resetting the library/playlist and then reloading it back to see if all the albums/tracks are there?

Jiffymon

Jiffymon

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I had added her iPod mini and her version of iTunes to my PC after I had my library created and shared. I did try clearing eveything and reloading - but only the same albums/tracks are coming across - about 75% of what is in my shared music folder.

I think it is a window XP sharing thing?

any other ideas?

Thanks,
Greg

greyknight17

greyknight17

Malware Expert

• Visiting Consultant
  • 16,560 posts
Hi again Greg, since there are still no replies, I suggest posting this question in the iTunes Forum. I looked at it and it sounds like they are providing support for iTunes on the Mac. I'm not sure if they help out for those using Windows. But you might want to give that a try.