Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

External Display

• Please log in to reply

whymeagain

whymeagain

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have a Sony Vaio, model VGN-NW240F running Windows 7. Here is the problem. When I initially plug in the VGA cord to display to an external monitor, everythin is fine, for literally a second. Then the red color goes away. I then go to the control panel | Hardware and Sound | Display | Calibrate Color and click the first "Next" button, and the red comes back. Everything is fine unless I step away long enough for the screen saver to kick in, or have to run any program with Administrator rights, and the red goes away again. I then have to repeat the process to get the red color back. The external display is an Acer LCD model AL2016W B. I called Acer and they had me run a test that they said proved the problem was with my computer. I confirmed this by plugging into another external monitor to have the same issues. I then called Sony who of course told me the problem was with the monitor. I have used this site to fix other problems in the past, and your team has always been very helpful. Just wondering if anyone knows of this issue, and if there is a way to fix it.

Advertisements

Mythio

Mythio

• PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
Hi whymeagain,

Have you made sure you have the latest videodrivers for your laptop?
This could help resolve your external display issues.

Find the drivers here

Hope to help,

Mythio