Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows XP ETHERNET PROBLEM

• Please log in to reply

johnstalvern

johnstalvern

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hey guys, I need some help getting my emachine to connect to the internet. Here's the problem:

I bought this emachine a few years ago, it came with Windows Vista on it, yes this is an xp question). Anyways, somehow the computer's hard-drive got damaged and had to be replaced. The computer came with vista installed and I didn't recieve any OS discs or anything of the like with it.

To make a long story short, I had an original copy of Windows XP and installed it onto the new hard-drive. But the computer won't connect to the internet. It doesn't have a modem or network device in the device manager. I know that this is usually the problem of not having the correct driver.

I have tried severl different drivers and am still not having any luck.. I think it may have something to do with the hardware though un-likely or it could be something to do with the computers hardware needing something specific? I have also tried plugging in a USB adapter to connect to the internet but it brings up an error where it is identifying the device as "USB device" and cannot find the driver or whatever.

If anyone knows what exactly the problem is or how I can fix it then that would be great.

Btw the model of emachine is el1300g-0lw.

PLEASE HELP!

Thanks.

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
As was advised on your other topic at Tech Support forums HERE your driver for your lan is located HERE.

By using 2 different Tech support sites you can run the risk of having conflicting advice given and that can lead to a system being made unusable or unstable.
If you would like help from the other site then please request from a Administrator or Moderator that this topic be closed. If you would like GTG to help then please ask for the other topic to be closed. Thank you