Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Computer Keeps restarting

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I have been dealing with removing several spyware programs and a few trojan viruses from a computer in our office. I have gotten it all pretty clean, but now I have a problem... the computer, when you shut it off, automatically restarts on its own. I have gone into the power management consol in the control pannel and made sure that all the right tabs are checked, so I am not sure what I can do. Any suggestions??

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts

step through the above--if the problem persists after that, or if you run into a problem, report back