Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Lost Data files after system restore

• Please log in to reply

butterflyluv1981

butterflyluv1981

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I believe my computer has issues. I received a bubble when I logged on saying that my user profile failed to log on correctly and I was given a temp account. Not knowing what I was doing ended up doing a system restore and lost all my data files. I have recovered most but can not open them due to their being renamed and start with $ how do I open these files? - Before this happened my laptop was acting strange-- I was trying to build a website for school and each time I moved an image a copy of it remained in its place. I couldn't just press the delete button either, I had to cut the image instead. Can anyone help me so I don't have to pay a lot of money for something that is probably easy to fix? I am a single mother of two and just finished school for graphic design. I haven't been working so money is REALLY tight.

Advertisements