Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

mshta.exe problems

• Please log in to reply

Zeros&Ones

Zeros&Ones

• PipPip
  • 41 posts
I think I've done everthing? I read on the site about this mshta.exe thing.
I still have been unable to stop it. This morning I had 22 mshta.exe running in task manager. I've run keperski, cc cleaner, ad ware and OTL.
I read here not to post OTL results until requested to do so.
It's been a PITA 2 weeks that started with the think point virus, and several other trojans. Besides these, which I think are all dead, I tried to port forward an address to be able to view my shop cameras remotely. Don't know if this is related, but seems to have started after this exercise. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Terry

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
You need to post the log in the malware forum. Below is the malware instructions we normally give.

I suspect that you have some malware on your computer causing issues that we are not able to solve through means we can use here in the Tech Forums. I suggest you read the 'Start Here' topic found here. With these self-help tools you have a high chance of fixing the problems on your own. If you are still having problems after following Step 3 of the guide, continue with Step 4 and 5 and post in the Malware Forum. If you are unable to run any programs, Please create a topic stating what you have tried so far and that you are unable to run any programs. Also, Please do NOT post the logs in this thread.

If you are still having issues after the malware expert gives you a clean bill of health, Please return to THIS thread and we will pursue other options to help you solve your current problem(s).
Add a link to this topic so that malware tech can see what steps have been taken here

Zeros&Ones

Zeros&Ones

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
Thank you Trusted Tech.
I have done what you told me
Terry

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
:D