Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ADATA RAM Compatibility with ASUS Motherboard

• Please log in to reply

winkyo

winkyo

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I bought an ASUS M4N75TD - AM3 - GF750a - DDR3 - ASUS Core Unlocker - ATX Motherboard yesterday and without bothering to check the QLV, bought different RAM than I had intended because the other RAM was sold out. Previously, I planned to by ADATA AX3U1600GB2G92G. That was sold out, so I switched to
ADATA AX3U1600GB2G9DG2. The former is from the Gaming Series and the latter is from the Gaming v2.0 Series. Both are DDR3 and appear to have identical specs. The Gaming Series (v1.0) is listed on my mobo's QLV but the v2.0 is not. I would like to know:
1) Are the only differences between the v2.0 and v1.0 the heat management and not the actual architecture?
2) If the architectures are indeed identical, is it safe to assume that it will be compatible with my mobo?
3) Has anybody actually tested this RAM in this mobo or found information that says it works?

I have attempted to contact ADATA but their online support is not working. Their QLV for the v2.0 will not load (might just be my computer, but i don't think it's actually posted).

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
The QVL list is pointless even consulting. That's only what Asus have tested, they can't test every single memory module, brand and speed out there, they'd never release any boards at all.
Most modern day boards are, in a nutshell, not particularly fussed about what memory you put in them. Pretty much any board that's new in the last nine months or so will be happy with anything you feed it providing it fits and works in the first place.

If you are concerned about memory compatibility, you'd do well to buy from somewhere like Crucial, where memory is sold on the basis that your board likes what they say it'll like, or you get your money back.